CAREY GUIDES AND BITS TRAINING
**UPDATE - The sessions for the Carey Guides and BITS Training is FULL. We're hoping to be able to offer another training in the Spring! Please keep checking our website for updates and/or follow our Facebook Page!
WJCIA is pleased to offer Carey Guides and Brief Intervention Tools (BITs) Training through the Carey Group on December 7, 9, and 11 from 9am – 1130am. Cost for this training is $50 per participant.
- A complete course description is attached.
- Participants must have access to Carey Guides and BITs to attend this training.
- This training will be conducted via Web-Ex. Each participant is required to access the class using a desktop or laptop computer with audio and video capability and internet access.
- Each participant should have a private workstation and their own computer.
- Course materials will be provided electronically to individual participants and should be printed prior to the start of training.
- Homework assignments will be given to participants to work on between training sessions.
- Approved by NASW for 7.0 CEUs.
WJCIA iS PROVIDING 3 KEVIN RATHBURN VIRTUAL TRAININGS IN NOVEMBER
UNITY - ICJ
Everyone should have received an email with an attached Memo regarding UNITY (Uniformed Nationwide Interstate Tracking for Youth). ICJ has requested that everyone in your county agency, if they have utilized or will utilize ICJ, to complete the following survey:
Please react to this survey ASAP to obtain login information for the UNITY system.
NEWS REGARDING 2020 CONFERENCE
The WJCIA board met via Zoom on June 12, 2020 and made the difficult decision to cancel our annual fall conference that was scheduled for September 16, 17, 18, 2020. This decision was not taken lightly, but we found it was necessary in considering the health and safety of everyone involved and attending. Please know that it is our priority to try and provide opportunities for our membership to have opportunities to earn CEU’s for license renewal. We are in the process of scheduling and working out all of those details and will keep you updated as that information is solidified. In the future, we will also provide an update regarding membership, elections and our annual meeting that are all typically held at conference. Please continue to watch the website and/or our Facebook page for further updates.
UPDATES FROM ICJ
The following memo was drafted and sent on May 15th regarding the current procedures of ICJ during these times:
Due to the current state of things, many, if not all, county departments and Youth Justice Departments around the state have been moving towards technology based communication.
If you have questions regarding where to send intake information during this time, please see this list, organized by county. If your information is not listed here, please send appropriate and updated information to Cathrina Dunnum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of County Contacts to Send YJ Referrals
- Eau Claire
- Fond Du Lac
- Green Lake
- La Crosse
- Lisa Tuozzo or Patrica Post
- Stephanie Wanserski email@example.com
Wisconsin Juvenile Court Forms now online
As of Wednesday, May 1, 2019, the Wisconsin Court System and Juvenile CCAP will no longer be hosting the following forms on its website:
- JC-1607 - Informal Disposition Agreement
- JD-1701 - Court Referral (Law Enforcement)
- JD-1702 - Court Referral (Non-Law Enforcement)
- JD-1705 - Notice of Intake Inquiry
- JD-1706 - Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- JD-1707 - Notice of Satisfaction of Obligations of Deferred Prosecution/Informal Disposition
- JD-1708 - Notice of Victims
The forms will now be hosted on the WJCIA website at https://wjcia.org/Court-Forms. WJCIA will make every attempt to ensure the forms are up-to-date; however, it is best practice to check state statute to see if there have been any changes.
Please let all of your law enforcement and school partners know about the changes and where to find the forms. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email any of the WJCIA board members.