A large bullet point on the recent release of the Governor's upcoming budget is returning 17 year-olds to the Youth Justice System. WJCIA, among other state wide organizations, joins in this platform. Look here to see the letter being sent out on behalf of the WJCIA in favor of this legislation change.
WJCIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Keep your fingers crossed! The WJCIA Conference Committee met in March and we're still very hopeful we'll be able to hold this year's conference IN PERSON!
So save the date! We've been working hard to bring you amazing speakers and break out sessions that will assist us all in the work we do. Hope to see you there! Keep an eye out on the website and our Facebook page for more information.
COVID-19 REFERRAL INFORMATION
Due to the current state of things, many, if not all, county departments and Youth Justice Departments around the state have been moving towards technology based communication.
If you have questions regarding where to send intake information during this time, please see this list, organized by county. If your information is not listed here, please send appropriate and updated information to Cathrina Dunnum at email@example.com.
Out of County Contacts to Send YJ Referrals
- Fax 715-373-6130
- Fax 608-685-3342
- Fax 715-349-2160
- Fax 608-742-9700
- Eau Claire
- Fond Du Lac
- Fax 920-906-5504
- Green Lake
- Fax 715-284-7713
- La Crosse
- faxed to 715-345-5966
- Walworth County DHHS, PO Box 1005, Elkhorn, WI, 53121 ATTN: Renee Peck
- WAUKESHA COUNTY YOUTH INTAKE ATTN: JESSICA HANNAMAN VERVIEW AVE WAUKESHA WISCONSIN 53188
- Stephanie Wanserski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wood County Human Services Dept. Attn Stephanie 11 W. Jackson St. Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
Wisconsin Juvenile Court Forms now online
As of Wednesday, May 1, 2019, the Wisconsin Court System and Juvenile CCAP will no longer be hosting the following forms on its website:
- JC-1607 - Informal Disposition Agreement
- JD-1701 - Court Referral (Law Enforcement)
- JD-1702 - Court Referral (Non-Law Enforcement)
- JD-1705 - Notice of Intake Inquiry
- JD-1706 - Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- JD-1707 - Notice of Satisfaction of Obligations of Deferred Prosecution/Informal Disposition
- JD-1708 - Notice of Victims
The forms will now be hosted on the WJCIA website at https://wjcia.org/Court-Forms. WJCIA will make every attempt to ensure the forms are up-to-date; however, it is best practice to check state statute to see if there have been any changes.
Please let all of your law enforcement and school partners know about the changes and where to find the forms. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email any of the WJCIA board members.